As we come to the end of our first week back, we wanted to say a huge well done to all our children who have settled back into school life so well. We have been amazed by their positivity, determination and hard work. We are once again surrounded by smiling faces, and children playing, laughing and having fun with their friends. A pleasure to see!
We also want to say a big well done to our brand new Nursery pupils who have all completed their 1/2 day visits this week. You have all been so brave, coming to school with big smiles on your faces ready to play and meet all your new friends. We can’t wait until you all meet each other next week and begin to settle down as our new Nursery class. You have all been absolute superstars. Well done!
As we say well done to the pupils, we would also like to say a great big thank you to our parents and families who have been patient, understanding and supportive as we have implemented our changes and settled in with our new routines. Thank you!
We have reviewed the Reading Rocket scheme and wish to inform you that due to the logistics of quarantine, reading diaries will be checked each Friday rather than a Monday (as had previously been communicated) when reading books are changed. The first check will take place on Friday 18th September.
Here are just a few reminders which will ensure our days run as smoothly as they possibly can and we keep our community as safe as we can:
- Please do not send your child into school if they have a new continuous cough, high temperature or a loss of or change in their normal sense of taste or smell. We trust that parents who drop their children off at school, each morning, will only do so if they are not showing any of the above symptoms. If these symptoms are picked up at school you will be asked to pick up your child immediately and arrange a test advising the school of the result as soon as possible – this can be done by emailing a screen shot of the result to the school.
- a reminder that each child needs to bring in a water bottle each day containing water- not juice please. They will bring these home each day so that they can be washed and re-filled.
- Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are provided with a piece of fruit each day for their snack. Children in KS2 have the option of bringing in a healthy snack to eat during their morning break. This can be a piece of fruit or a breakfast bar. In addition, please remember that we have pupils and staff in school with severe nut allergies so please check that any food items brought into school do not contain nuts.
- We ask that children do not play on the playground gym equipment at drop off and pick up times or any other times that there isn’t direct supervision from a member of school staff.
- Lastly, please remember to sanitise your child’s hands before they enter school each morning – we are asking that parents take responsibility for doing this rather than class teachers. Please pass this onto to any adult who brings your child to school. Thank you.
We hope you all have a lovely weekend.